Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"Beginning beadmaking class"

Several of my readers have asked that I note beadmaking class offerings/updates here.... So for those who've asked - here you are - and thanks for the suggestion/request! I know many of you are far from the southern tier of UPSTATE NY, but if you ever find yourself headed here (or think 'beadmaking road-trip' lol) I'd love to have the chance to melt glass with you and MIRL (meet in real life)!


BEGINNING BEADMAKING CLASSES

Beginning beadmaking classes are a total of 6 hours, generally split in two sessions so you're not 'overwhelmed' with information in one single session! In the decade(s) I've been teaching I find the split session gives a student the chance to both absorb the first day class material AND forumlate questions prior to the second three hour class. The two part sessions I offer also allow a student to rest one's arms lol, so the hands on 'torch time' is far more enjoyable and productive!.
*Tho if you require a one day class due to work or travel that can certainly be arranged* :-)
BEGINNING BEADMAKING ~ CLASS OUTLINE

During the classes we'll cover safety, tools, terms of course - but the majority of class is HANDS ON experience - I demo - then the student preforms each technique!

Step by step we'll progress, covering basic round beads all the way thru various bead shapes, embellishment techniques such as creating and using glass stringers, raking, trail wraping, dots, layered dots, adventurine, captured air and Milli's. And we'll cover more if we can :-)

In every class your pieces will be fully annealed (kiln ramped for the COE of the glass to relieve stress for stability of the piece) to take home at the next class date and the second day class beads I'll mail to you post annealing.

CLASS FEES AND INFO
MORETTI (soft) GLASS
120.00 US inclusive

The class price is for one-to-one private lessons!!! :-) I think most people (as I do myself, lol) learn much more comfortably working at their own pace & are far more at ease asking as many questions as they like (and/or revisiting any technique as often as they need to) in a one to one setting. AndI love to be able to customize the class to the pace of the student!
*(tho if you had someone you wanted to share a class with I'm happy to arrange a class for two..)*

AVAILABLE DATES
As any of my students, past or present, will tell you I'm extremely dedicated to working with my students to arrange dates and times that will work best for them! Thus I don't routinely post 'class dates' - but rather say 'email me'! This allows for the student and I to 'cyber-meet' :-)chat and discuss both the class openings I have avail and tailor them as much as possible to the student preference!

Please feel free to email me at glasschick at yahoo dot com. (I'll soon insert a proper link - thanks for working with correcting the spam-foiling email above before sending the email out


As I have the chance, I'll add more class info for those who are interested :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:26 PM

    Yea, sign me up:) Miss you tons!!

    ReplyDelete