Thursday, November 04, 2010

I AM...

I AM

I am a wide open spaces kind of soul
Happiest in places where traffic noise is distant
(better yet, non existent)
And the flashing notice no cell signal is magic to me 

More fond of moonlight than malls
More drawn to trails than tiaras
(tho I do have a tiara just in case I have a tiara longing)
I seek to be solitary from humanity yet surrounded by 'beings'
"Travel among us" whisper the hills to me
And when I do
The trees speak of legends
The birds whisper secrets
The paired hawks call borders
(While floating upon invisible currents of time)

I am alone
but
not
lonely

Within these hills
Within these moments
I can simply
contentedly
be
who
I
Am...

The trees, the birds, the border hawks
Understand the layers of time
The anchor and flow of the past
The immediacy of now
And the length of forever

They understand (and embrace)
the diversity
that dances thru all three layers
of time and life
(including the occasional tiara)
FDFerris copyright 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment